Friday, April 9, 2010

I'm mildly obsessed...

...with crafting.
I can't go a day without thinking about the next craft that I'm going to do. 
Last weekend was Easter, and because my family isn't too big on Easter, I decided to spend my day attempting a craft that I have scared away from forever. 
Altering clothes.
Eeek! Altering...meaning sewing, changing, and possibly screwing up perfectly good clothes. I decided to give my hand at a tank top that I had already put in the goodwill pile, so it didn't matter. I wanted to jazz it up and take the sides in because it's a little large on me. It started as a very plain, white tank top, and this is what it looks like now:

I am really pleased with how it turned out. But I did learn a few things from this craft:
1) I'm terrible at sewing circles. I need practice. 
2) Never expect the project to turn out as planned
3) Altering a shirt comes with a really wonderful sense of accomplishment

After Easter weekend, I came back to school. And with school, comes procrastination. Crafting is my procrastination. This week, I tried my hand at knitting headbands, which I knew I could do because I know how to knit in straight lines and straight lines only. I did one thick and one thin headband:




These headbands were easy and fun.  I'm excited to explore more with knit headbands because they make a cute little accessory for the summer!
Until next time,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment