Sunday, April 11, 2010

Past Crafts: Shoes

These crafts that I'm discussing aren't THAT past...but they are past enough that I didn't have this blog when I made them.
I got the crazy idea one day to cover a pair of shoes in paper. This, however, was not a good idea. These shoes look good, but they are not practical. I made a pair with my friend Megan this past fall:


This is my friend Megan and I after we made them. We just mod-podged srapbooking paper onto normal flats. 
Mine are the blue ones with trains and bikes, etc. I liked the paper because it pictured all sorts of transportation, and I was making shoes...and shoes=walking and walking=another form of transportation. Anyways, I have only worn them once. Like I said, they are not very practical. 
But! This spring, my other friend Shannon gave me the idea to PAINT shoes! I really loved this idea. I had seen these shoes on someone that I really liked, but I didn't want to be a creeper and buy the same shoes. so instead, I painted some similar ones (that I like more, anyways). Here are the shoes that I saw on the girl:
and these are the shoes that I painted:


I was really pleased with how they turned out. I love the colors.

Anyways, after painting that pair, I had the urge to paint more. I went out and bought two pairs of plain white $7 shoes and painted them. The first pair is colorful and crazy, and the second pair is more intricate. I love them both. 


I tried to splatter paint them, but the paint was NOT a good consistency for that. Oh well.
Here is the second pair:



I really love this pair, even if they did take HOURS! 

More past crafts later.
E

1 comment:

  1. hey...those last three pictures look familiar...oh that's because they were taken in my car and apartment! I like the shoes!

    ReplyDelete