Saturday, April 17, 2010

Past Crafts: Picture Crafts

One of my favorite things in the entire world is pictures! I love to find new ways to display and craft with pictures. Here is a few crafts that I have done using pictures. 
This first project was for my dorm room. I decided that because my roommates and I were going to have a lot of wall space, we should do something fun to cover the walls. I decided on a picture/paper collage. We bought canvas', painted the sides, and mod podged pieces of paper and different pictures onto the canvas. We each made one with our own pictures. This is what they look like on the wall:


And this is mine, a little more up close. 

Next, my friend Kelsey and I saw this idea in a craft book. It's basically two pieces of plexi glass that we got at hobby lobby with pictures and paper, etc. smashed in between them. We held them together with binder clips for a casual look.



 This project hangs above my desk. I really enjoy looking at it. 

This next project isn't very impressive, but I like it for some reason. My friend Kelsey and I went to a music festival last July, and we found some pictures online of the crowd. As we were looking at the pictures of the crowds, we found ourselves! So I decided to make a frame out of the pictures. First, I just painted a super cheap frame purple. Next, I cut up the picture of the crowd into strips and mod podged them onto the frame. Where's Emily and Kelsey??? (Like "Where's Waldo?") 

I thought it was only appropriate to put a picture of Kelsey and I in the frame. 

Remember how I talked about cardmaking?? Well, these next projects go right along with card making and paper crafts! I found these stamps at Archievers last summer and I loved them. So, I found pictures that went well with the sayings and decided to make something up! 

This is a cut up photobooth of my boyfriend, Jeffrey, and me. The stamp reads "One can never have too many hugs or laugh too often."


And this one is another cut up photo booth of Kelsey and I. The stamp reads "Always carry laughter with you where ever you go."

Anyways, I make a lot of crafts with my pictures so I'm sure I'll be back to post more in the near future. 
Until then,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment