Sunday, May 2, 2010

Summer Project #1

OKAY! So as you all know...I have three more days until summer officially starts. That means that summer craft projects are going to begin and I cannot wait! Literally, I cannot wait...so I started during finals week. I have been juicing my mind grapes for some ideas for my room next year, and I came up with an idea for some wall art. In my room this year, my roommate and I painted some wooden letters that read "laugh often, live simply, love deeply." I knew that I was going to have to do something with them soon, and then I began to think about how I could mix those letter with these letters. This is what I came up with:


My plan is to decorate every letter with a word and pictures. This plan is going to take for.ever. But in the end, I think it will look super cool hanging on my wall next year! Anyways, this weekend I worked on some letters and got three more finished.



S is for Surprise. Which is what my parents were when we gave them their honeymoon gift. They will kill me when they see this letter and I will laugh. 


C is for Crafts. And it's pretty obvious that I heart crafts.


L is for Love. And I love jeffrey. He is really wonderful and I'm really lucky. 

Anyways, I will update this as I get more letters finished. I'm pretttty excited. 
I know what my second summer project is going to be but you will have to wait until later this week to find outt!!!
E



2 comments:

  1. I love that picture of mom and dad!
    You totally have me on the edge of my seat about your next project!
    (P.S. this blog will be nice to read when I live in Texas and don't know what you've been up to in your crafty world!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its weird that maria commented twice. I do really like the one of your parents. Their faces are priceless! I have a project that you can do when you come up to visit! You know the chairs on our patio? Well I thought it might be fun to paint them with some bright summery colors and patterns. Let me know what you think! They are the perfect blank slate :)

    ReplyDelete