Friday, May 7, 2010

Summer Project #2

I'm finally home for the summer! Whoop whoop! I am now officially a junior in college. My sophomore year FLEW by so lets hope the next year does too. 
I have been home since Wednesday and I finally got my room at settled from transferring decorations, etc. Being unpacked is such a good feeling. 


Anyways, since you all have been sitting on the edge of your chairs waiting to hear about my second summer project, I will explain it now. I have my dad to thank for this project. He is a master gardner and absolutely loves to spruce up our backyard with fun things. He found this project on Better Homes and Gardens that he wanted to do with me:


The plan is for me to paint to chair and for him to plant something in the seat of it. We are both pretty excited. I had to wait until the end of the semester though, because I didn't want my "crafting" to get in the way of my academics. 

He called me so excited the other day because he found the PERFECT chair for the project and it only cost 10 dollars. I have to admit, it is pretty perfect. Take a look at the specimen:




I haven't decided on a color theme yet...but knowing me it will probably be greens and purples :)
I'll let you know how it goes when I get started on it. 
E

1 comment: