Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Transformation of a Shirt

Two posts in one month! This is a good run for me...
Anyways, I was at Target the other day and found this cute little Valentines Day shirt:

I had seen it before Valentines Day, but I'm not one to buy holiday clothing unless it's Holiday socks. Anyways, I liked the concept of the shirt but I didn't like the valentinyness of it. So when I saw that it was on clearance for $4, I had to buy it anyways. 
My solution to the lovey dovey pink and red hearts? Paint over them. I chose a mustardy yellow and turquoise to cover the red and pink. 


I began painting over the pink hearts with the yellow...


And then I covered the red hearts with the turquoise...


And then VOILA! The same shirt with a way less Valentines Day look. 


I was pleased with how it turned out. What do you guys think? Is it not so valentine like or do the hearts still make it pretty lovey dovey?
Have a fabulous week!
E

4 comments:

  1. Um, that's awesome! Nice paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. Don't really know how I deleted that comment. What I said was I'm glad to see you blogging again - you always do fun stuff. I like the shirt much better in yellow and turquoise. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you posted! and i really like that :) oh how i miss my creative friend...

    ReplyDelete