Monday, June 28, 2010

Gift bags you can keep!

My friends Alyse and Elliott are getting married!! The big day is fast approaching so I've been getting my crafting butt into gear. They had two bridal showers this past weekend (one with boys, one without) they were both a blast! I think gifts for these events can sometimes get a little boring ex:mixing bowls, crockpots, silverware etc..so I wanted to give my impersonal gifts a personal touch! I got two canvas bags and decorated them with their names and date using the theme colors of their wedding to make gift bags they can keep forever! Heres how they turned out!



















My mom introduced me to a magnificent adhesive called "wonder under" to attach the fabric letters and numbers to the bag. She also was a great help easing my frustration when I ironed the wrong side of the adhesive to the right side of the material. This stuff is tricky business! But once I got it down that stuff worked miracles.

Here is the lovely couple with their bags! They were a big hit at the parties, little did people realize just how easy they really are! If you can cut and iron, then you're golden. Try making one of your own to use for grocery shopping!

Thanks for reading, and as always keep us updated on your crafts!

-KB

2 comments:

  1. Great post and the photos turned out loverly! Thanks so much for mentioning me - I feel so honored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to personalize your gift, own it baby, own it!

    ReplyDelete